Choosing a registrar for ISO 20000-1 Standard
Choosing a right and approved registrar for ISO 20000-1 Certification is important. That registrar should have the working experience in the domain in which your organization is operating. Certification shall have the capability to provide Certification services for ISO 20000-1:2011 and should provide Certificate on successful completion of Certification Audit. After completion of the Certification Audit successfully, support is an important aspect where most of the Certification Bodies lacks. Certification Body shall also have the required resources to provide the support for ISO 20000-1 Standard.
Please remember following point while evaluating a certification body:
- Certification body must be accredited by a recognized Competent Body.
- Certification Body shall meet the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021:2006.
- Certification Body shall have required resources to conduct ISO 20000-1 Audits.
- Certification Body shall have required resources to provide support for ISO 20000-1 Audits.
- Certification Body shall have required experience in the domain similar to your organization.